Prefect’s Next Stage Ecosystem: Premier Partnership Program and Verified by Prefect
Prefect announces our new Premier Partner program, featuring newly Verified by Prefect partners Fivetran, Monte Carlo Data, dbt Labs, PagerDuty, Great Expectations, Firebolt, and Airbyte.
December 7, 2021
- Integrations with Premier Partners will now be “Verified,” meaning that Prefect and the partner have inspected the code and tested for compatibility. These tasks will be designated with a “Verified” tag in the Prefect Docs.
- Importantly, community members will still be encouraged to contribute tasks. In fact, we’ll be better equipped to offer them technical help and coordination between the parties.
- Better joint experience: Support, sales, and customer success will all be easier, with faster issue/bug resolution.
- Aligned roadmaps: We’ll regularly examine each others’ roadmaps to see how we can continually open up more functionality and make our products easier to use together.
- Airbyte - Airbyte is the fastest-growing open-source data integration platform, helping organizations sync data from APIs, databases, and files to data warehouses, lakes, and other destinations. With more than 8,000 organizations adopting Airbyte in just its first 16 months of existence, its momentum is impressive—and so is the enthusiasm for it in our community. Using Prefect and Airbyte together, data engineers will be able to build and manage ETL pipelines even faster and more easily. See the Airbyte integration here.
- dbt Labs - dbt is among Prefect’s most used integrations. We’ve updated and validated the open-source task, and added one for dbt’s cloud offering. Importantly, this task will not just enable you to trigger a dbt task, but can also write artifacts to Prefect to record all of the associated metadata about when and how the dbt job ran, and its outcome. We can’t wait to see what our joint users do with this new capability. See the dbt integration here.
- Firebolt - Firebolt has come hot out of the gates with a truly innovative data warehouse that is not only super fast, but also aimed at data engineering use cases. Our joint vision of making data engineers’ jobs easier and more enjoyable could not be better aligned. Look for a release in January 2022.
- Fivetran - Fivetran is a newer partner in our ecosystem, and we’re finding tremendous momentum in our enterprise customer base using our platforms together. Our joint users love Fivetran’s simplicity and dependability where predefined app-to-app ELT is what’s called for. When more customized dataflows are needed, they can be built with Prefect. And now users can orchestrate Fivetran with Prefect as well, for a single view of the entire organization’s dataflows. See the Fivetran integration here.
- Great Expectations - Another integration that’s heavily used with Prefect, Great Expectations helps data teams identify data that is not in line with, well, expectations. Our users love the openness and flexibility of Great Expectations, and we have a lot of similar DNA with our open-source roots. We’ve updated and validated the Prefect task to be compatible with Great Expectation’s latest version, and added an integration with their emerging Cloud service. See the Great Expectations integration here.
- Monte Carlo - We were introduced to Monte Carlo through one of our SI partners, who described Monte Carlo as “magic.” When we tried it, we instantly agreed. Monte Carlo’s data observability platform makes detecting and addressing errors in data a point-and-click exercise. Using Prefect and Monte Carlo together, data teams can ensure that their pipelines and the data itself are delivered on time and accurately. (GA of the Monte Carlo integration is coming Jan 2022. Let us know in our Slack community if you’d like to try a pre-release version.)
- PagerDuty - Speeding issue resolution time is a really important benefit Prefect can offer data teams, and PagerDuty has set the standard in this space. While previously Prefect could offer customizable notifications through Slack or email, this partnership allows our joint customers to send notifications directly through PagerDuty for sophisticated routing, logging, and updates. The integration will also make it easier for data engineers to go the other way, that is, work from issue up through Prefect to identify and resolve the dataflow issue at the source. See the PagerDuty integration here.